At the Open Arms Home for Children, we believe that healing and learning take place when a child’s deepest needs are met, both physically and mentally. We are dedicated to helping children who have been abused and neglected by recognizing their emotional, behavioral and familial problems and providing quality short-term residential care that includes access to life enrichment and character building programs.
Select a highlighted name to view bio.
- Mike Rutan Open Arms of Blue Ridge is very pleased to announce that we have a new Director, Mike Rutan, who began his duties on Monday, May 14, 2018. Mike has extensive experience providing oversight to group homes, as well as having a master’s degree in Business. Mike has several years of experience with case management, child protective services, and providing direct services. The Open Arms Board of Directors feels that Mike will fit very well with the current team of staff at the organization.
Mike is married, has two children, and lives in the North Georgia Mountains. Please join us in welcoming Mike Rutan to Open Arms! Please feel free to contact him with any questions, and with any residential candidates for the program as we currently have vacancies. Open Arms of Blue Ridge is a Base Level facility for young ladies ages 12 – 17.
University of South Carolina, BA Business Administration and Minor in Engineering, 2001
Baker Center for Graduate Studies, MS Business Administration, 2007
Concentration in Non-Profit Finances, Risk Management, and Human Resources
Professional Activities – Highlights
2016 – Certified CPR/FA Instructor
2012 – Certified North Carolina Interventions Instructor
2016-2018 Child Protective Services
2010-2016 Program Manager of Group Homes
2008- 2010 Brenham State Supported Living Center Investigator
Human Service Provider
- Abigail Rice
- Peter Knutzen - President Peter brings 20 years of executive level sales and marketing to the Open Arms Board. Peter is also a Blue Ridge real estate developer, currently developing Old Toccoa Farm.Past Board Member – Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association, Founding Member – Project Healing Waters, Blue Ridge, Past Executive Committee Member for the Georgia Children’s Health Alliance, 2007 graduate of the Georgia Academy for Economic Development – Leadership Program, 2007 & 2008 graduate of the University of Georgia Fanning Institute Leadership Program.
- Phillip Kolodziej – Vice President
- Nikki Mull – Secretary
- Rita Kirby – Treasurer
- Cyndi Hunt
- Elizabeth Lynch
- Jack Meunier
- Studio 1 Performing Arts
- Old Toccoa Farm
- Blue Ridge Cotton Company & Gather
- Blue Ridge Mountain Outfitters
- Harry Norman, REALTORS
- Project Chimps